Take Hwy 599 North from Ignace (Trans Canada Highway) to either one of the two starting points from Hwy 599:
- From the bridge by North Albany Lodge paddle NW across Pashkokogan Lake and the Pashkokogan River into Lake Osnaburgh. Or
- From further north on Hwy 599 enter the west end of Lake Osnaburgh at the bridge over Cedar Rapids.(About a 250kms (155 miles) 4 hour drive from Ignace).
Follow the faster flowing Albany River all the way East to Gowie Bay - (220kms). Then paddle south for an upstream trip on the Attwood and Witchwood River systems to Whiteclay Lake. From here there are several choices for the final leg:
- Paddle south on the Pikitigushi River to the take-out on Pikitigushi Lake for a prearranged shuttle to Armstrong.
- Paddle East to Whitewater and Smoothrock Lakes and the Caribou River to the take-out at the bridge on Little Caribou Lake.
- Take the Pikitigushi River to Big River and the Linklater Lake route to Caribou Lake and the take-out on Little Caribou (5kms from Armstrong).
Add this product to your cart below