Take the train from Armstrong (or any other point east or west) to mile 44.3 on the West side of the bridge at Redhead Lake.
Train reservations can be made at http://www.viarail.ca or (888) 842-7245.
The Nemo River flows north into Snake Lake from where you have a choice:
- Either, west into Windfall and Allanwater River to the west end of Brennan Lake;
- Or east through Dagger, Change and Jeep Lakes and into the east end of Brennan Lake.
Exiting Brennan Lake at the eastern end presents 3 options:
- The northern route is the easiest and most direct exit with two swifts and a 110 metre portage.
- If you prefer to portage around Brennan Falls, (and view the Falls from above) begin the loop
from the north and take the two small carry-overs.
- The third option, a 550 metre portage to the south, is longer and more difficult and so is the
least desirable exit.
The final section of Allanwater River offers some exciting rapids and fast water sections some of which can be run. Following which you can choose the northern route or the Lower Wabakimi shortcut.
The Ogoki Lodge on Whitewater Lake is worth checking out. Also we recommend a visit to Best Island and the Wendell Beckwith cabins. He built a large pine cabin and later a smaller one (The Snail) into the hillside that was more efficient to heat in winter.
Your route can be anywhere from an 8 to a 13 day trip, depending upon the route choices you make.
Add this product to your cart below